Classes of hosting services
A hosting service appertains to hoarding and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's explore them. In that way, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to create a weblog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service provided by given file storage providers, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inappropriate interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share a large amount of images with buddies or acquaintances since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to handling your email addresses. Some corporations provide webspace hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you would like to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to possess as many videos as you desire without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to run a website. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At nextlevelwebhost, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular content only.